Can I have BBL surgery with anesthesia ? Will high prolactin levels prevent me from having the BBL surgery ?

Elevated prolactin level 31.2 female not pregnant will it prevent BBL surgery clearance. I am female with a pituitary tumor. I not pregnant. Blood results show my prolactin level is elevated at 31.2

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to wait until getting the procedure, you need to be ready for this process before getting another!

Can I have BBL with high prolactin levels?

Given that you have a pituitary tumor, I would recommend that you complete workup and treatment for this procedure before undergoing an elective procedure. In general, you should ensure that your primary physician has cleared you for an elective surgical procedure as well as anesthesia. Good luck. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery

Sejal M. Patel, MD

In situations like this one, I have my patients obtain clearance from the doctor treating the you for the particular problem. If a patient has high blood pressure i ask for PCP clearance. If they have a cardiac history I ask for clearance from their cardiologist etc. It is most important for you to be safe. Let the expert in that area decide. 

Abnormal Lab Values

If there is an explanation for elevated prolactin, i.e. pituitary tumor and it is being appropriately managed, you are still a candidate for elective surgery. You should meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your surgical goals and coordinate with your physicians to ensure safety is confirmed. Best wishes. 

BBL

You would have to get medical clearance from your endocrinologist to make sure that you are not at increased for complications. Best of luck!