Too overweight for bbl? 200lbs

I have been thinking a lot about getting the bbl procedure done. However I have gained a lot of weight after having my son 8 months ago and am worried I'm too overweight and will get turned down for surgery. I am 5'6 200 lbs. am I still eligible? I wana save myself the embarrassment of going into the office and getting rejected. I have lost 11 lbs in 2 months I am trying but would love to have it just sucked out of my belly lol do you think I'm a good candidate?? Thanks in advance

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards 

Am I a good candidate?

Hello dear, thanks for your question. Your BMI cant be over 32 for a plastic surgery

Ideal liposuction candidates are:

• Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
  • Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
  • Non-smokers
  • Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring

I recommend to lose some weight and also I suggest to visit a board certified plastic surgeon for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

You would have to be seen in person to determine if your are a good candidate or not.  If you re planning to lose more weight, then get down to your goal.  

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Brazilian Butt Lift

Thank you for your question. A BMI of 30 or below is preferred to avoid the increased risk of complications during and after surgery. I advise my patients being at your ideal weight will give the best outcome. I would encourage you to start a proper diet and exercise routine to help get to your goal and then consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck to you.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon