Driving after BBL?

Honestly! How in the heck do you drive after a BBL. I have 2 different pillows and it's like I'm still touching my butt on the seat. I place a pillow behind by back too. I drive a Yukon so maybe because the seat is so big?! Honestly feel like just not going anywhere for the entire recovery (I'm a stay at home mom).

Driving after BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I always recommend all my patients to drive after a couple of weeks, remember that is not good to stay sitting for too long..

Driving after a BBL

Greetings. In general, I inform patients they should use some type of BBL cushion for at least 3 weeks after the procedure.  The cushion can be used at work or at home.  Every surgeon will have a different protocol in their practice on this particular question.  Your surgeon will have specific instructions for you to follow on this matter.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Driving After BBL

In my practice, I advise my patients not to put any pressure on their buttocks for a minimum of 6 weeks. This avoids killing the fat by cutting off circulation and avoids flattening the newly injected fat. Patients who follow these instructions enjoy a much rounder, projected shape, although it can be a pain in the butt - no pun intended. So how is it possible for my patients to stay off their buttocks for 6 weeks? I provide a special roll that is placed under the thighs (not the buttocks like a donut roll) and keeps the buttocks from touching the seat while sitting. You do not have to be relegated to staying at home, unless you want to!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Sitting Post BBL?

Thank you for your question! You should not be sitting post BBL for at least 2 weeks after surgery.  Sitting on a soft pillow prior to that can still kill the fat cells.  Make sure you follow all of your doctors post op instructions.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel

Double Board Certified

Plastic Surgeon

Hoffman Estates

Oak Brook

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Driving after BBL

Fat graft is sensitive to sitting theoretically for 2 weeks to allow for neovascularization and to allow for diffusion of nutrients which the graft is sensitive to (as well as oxygen so no smoking or second hand smoke). Minimal sitting less than 15 minutes on a padded cushion is probably ok, but longer than that affects blood flow and diffusion.  At the national ASAPS meeting the audience surgeons from all over the world were polled and the days from not sitting ranged from 3 days to 3 weeks with a median of one week.  I tell patients 2 weeks due to the physiology of graft take.