Is good result achieved only through gland removal in gynecomastia but no liposuction ? (photo)

I went to my surgeon he told me that he will remove gland but not perform liposuction on it because it will cause more blood clot and will perform it in general anesthesia.Will i get good contour with it ?

Gynecomastia Surgery Techniques

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. The doctor will recommend the one that is best suited to each individual case. The excision technique is used on cases of #gynecomastia where excess skin and glandular breast tissue must be removed and the areola or nipple needs reduction and repositioning to create a natural looking appearance. The incision patterns are determined by the specific condition of the patient. The doctor will recommend this procedure which combines the liposuction technique and excision technique to create a natural look. Patients are given specific instructions for the recovery period. 

Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Lastly, it is crucial you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Liposuction for gynecomastia

It all depends. If the unwanted tissue is firm (often seen with anabolic steroid use) then liposuction does not go a good job at removing it and a direct surgical removal is required. On the other hand if it has the consistency of fat it can be removed easily with liposuction.

Most important is going to a board certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam and the best way to take care of your concerns.

A typical male chest ready to undergo gynecomastia surgery

The pictures you show are fairly typical of a middle-aged man ready to undergo gynecomastia surgery.

I would approach this with a combination of liposuction and possibly open surgery if needed.

Every surgeon has his or her own way of doing things.

If you trust your surgeon, then allow him or her to use the techniques that works for them.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Is a good result achieved only through gland removal in gynecomastia but no liposuction ?

Without examining you its difficult to be certain exactly what you need but in general the best results are achieved with a combination of liposuction and gland removal. If there is ever one portion of the operation that may not be necessary it is usually the gland removal when the breasts are made entirely of fat. The liposuction helps to contour the entire chest and blend the areas where the gland has been removed with the surrounding tissue. I would suggest getting a second opinion before proceeding. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

You need excision of the gland and liposuction.

Since you suffer from severe,asymmetric gyenecomastia you will need excision of the gland and liposuction.You have to make sure that your surgeon specializing in gynecomastia surgery because your case is complex,and you have to be realistic. 

Mordcai Blau, MD

Liposuction combined with gland removal is best option

Thanks for your question.

You look like a good candidate for proper gynecomastia correction and liposuction combined with glandular tissue removal is definitely required for good and permanent results. Liposuction is just like a gateway to reach fibro-glandular tissues. 
Gynaecomastia Correction is a simple, safe and rewarding surgery, I perform it through unique “trans-nipple incision”. Two tiny holes (4-5mm) are made at both sides of the chest for performing liposuction and then the glandular tissues are excised through “Trans-Nipple” incision to give the chest a masculine shape. The advantage of this technique is mainly that there are no additional or visible scars of the incisions over the nipple areola complex. After the procedure, you will need to wear a pressure garment for about three months to quickly resolve swelling and to maintain the new chest contour.
Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon before making a decision.

R. K. Mishra, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

Is good result achieved only through gland removal in gynecomastia but no liposuction

Gynaecomastia is caused by a combination of fat and gland. the composition of each may vary from person to person.
As far as your question is conserned, it is most often true the other way. Only liposuction might not solve the issue and more often than not a gland excision is needed to get the best results.
In your case you seem to have gland and the fat that is probably distributed right upto the sides of the chest. I dont see how your surgeon is going to manage getting a good result with out addressing the fat.
If you think he is good ask him to show you some photos of his previos surgeries. Or else contact a qualified plastic surgeon