Mild gynecomastia. Would the results from surgery look normal, and how much different would my chest appear? (photo)

I've suffered from gynecomastia since jr high, a mild case. Too many times i've seen before and after gynecomastia surgeries that just make the chest appear slightly unnatural. I've always been pretty athletic and have had pretty low body fat, which I think would make it more prominent. I don't have a problem with it when it's cold, in fact my chest appears rather normal. Aside from my aureola having dozens of white bumps on them, I was also wondering if this could be treated as well

Mild gynecomastia

Many of the happiest gynecomastia patients are athletic men with low body fat who have a conservative gynecomstia correction. My gynecomastia before and after gallery includes some examples of this type of surgery. These men work hard to look fit. The surgery makes them look they the feel. 

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

You should see an improvement

So you obviously have a really minor case of gynecomastia- at least physically.  The other issue is how much does this bother you emotionally.  99% of guys out there wish they were in as good of shape as you are.  With that being said, if this really bothers you, you shouldn't hesitate to go see a board certified plastic surgeon and get this taken care of.  It looks as though you would benefit from a combination of ultrasound and suction-assisted liposuction.  Depending on the presence or absence of a "disc" of tissue beneath your nipple and how firm it is, that may be all you need.  I think you would get a great result and get rid of this excess tissue that bothers you.  Make sure your PS does a lot of this though- liposuction to the chest has some pitfalls and it sounds like you've seen some of that yourself.

Post Gynecomastia will not be their anymore.

Once you will have surgery Gynecomastia will not be their anymore. Being athletic is a plus and you should get good results.The puffiness should not appear anymore when it's cold.The breast should look normal.As far as the white bumps ,the larger,more prominent once can be removed.Chose  your surgeon wisely .   

Mordcai Blau, MD

Mild gynecomastia. Would the results from surgery look normal, and how much different would my chest appear?

Thanks for using RealSelf but even with the excellent series of posted photos I recommend IN PERSON evaluations from boarded Plastic Surgeons. Liposuction might be best plan... 

About Male Breast Reduction Surgery

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have breast enlargement and you think you are an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

I would have to examine you to give you the best recommendation. Look at reviews and before and after pictures as well as credentials to select your surgeon.

Looking Normal After Gynecomastia Surgery

There are varying degrees of gynecomastia ranging from puffy nipple to severe breast enlargement and/or breast sag. The severity of the gynecomastia will determine which treatment option is necessary. In most cases, men suffer from standard gynecomastia, which can be surgically treated as an in-office procedure under local anesthesia. For more severe cases, it may be recommended that you have your procedure under general anesthesia at an outpatient surgery center. Your consultation will determine which option is best suited for treating your gynecomastia, along with a discussion of your desires, realistic expectations and
possible complications resulting from gynecomastia surgery. These include:
  • Asymmetry during the healing process
  • Lumps or firmness under skin
  • Prolonged swelling (edema)
  • Skin Pigment changes
  • Prolonged redness of the incision

It isIIt is the experience and skill of your surgeon that will determine the likelihood of a problem.

Gynecomastia Appearance and results

You have a smaller case of Gynecomastia which when treated by a Board certified PS should give you a very nice result without noticeable deformities. Please ask to see pre to post op photos to see quality of their work.

David Liland, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the photos and you are an excellent candidate for excision and should achieve the desired result in the hands of an expert

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia

Many times liposuction can do the trick without leaving significant scarring. The bumps on the areola are normal, although if some bother you they can be excised or trimmed.  Good luck.