Can breast tissue gynecomastia always visible under ultrasound? Do I have gynecomastia? (photos)

I have a mild case of gynecomastia, my nipples are puffy, and i can feel the lumps, i used to have a very low body fat and i could still feel and see it. I went to a surgeon, and he could feel the lumps,he aslo sent me to do an ultrasound, on the ultrasound the doctor looked for lumps not gyno, and he said i dont have lumps, but I am not insane, i can feel the lumps and the puffines, and when i wear tight shirts you can clearly see it, but i feel like ultrasound is the final call, is it? I am 25 years old 160 lbs,.

Gynecomastia

I agree with Dr Haws. The ultrasound was looking for abnormal masses which with Gyno you do not have.  You would benefit from surgery though

Dr Corbin

Gynecomastia

You are correct in that the ultrasound was looking for abnormal breast tissue (solid masses, cysts, etc.)  while what you describe as breast tissue in small amounts under your nipples is abnormal in a male, it doesn't mean that the breast tissue itself is abnormal.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and assess if this is indeed breast tissue. 

I find that men with small amounts of breast tissue like you describe are often candidates for resection under local anesthetic. I hope this helps!  Best of luck. 

Melinda Haws, MD

Consult with a Board Certified Surgeon to Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 
There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Can breast tissue gynecomastia always visible under ultrasound? Do I have gynecomastia?

I would have to examine you to give you the best recommendation. Look at reviews and before and after pictures as well as credentials to select your surgeon.

Puffy Nipples

It looks like you have mild gynecomastia. The gland should be removed but you also might benefit from having an areola reduction either at the same time or as a delayed procedure. Go get a real consult.

I am sorry to hear about your concerns regarding breast size/shape.  I would  suggest that you do not worry too much about the ultrasound… I think that you are correct and are dealing with a mild case of gynecomastia. Generally   speaking, assuming a young man has achieved a long-term stable weight and there are no “causative agents” involved, surgery may be indicated to treat persistent gynecomastia.  It is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue alone , then liposuction surgery may suffice.  When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.