I have a lipoma in my lower abdomen. If I have it removed, will I still be able to have a vaginal brith?

It's been there since I was 18. I've recently noticed it's growing. I'm 23 with no kids.

I have a lipoma in my lower abdomen. If i have it removed, will I still be able to have a vaginal birth?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Removal of your lipoma will not affect your ability to have a vaginal birth.  Most lipomas on the lower abdomen that can be seen are above the muscles of the stomach and will not impact your ability of giving birth.  Hope this helps.

Lipoma to abdomen

Hello, is your lipoma something you can see and feel on your abdomen. If so, then it will have no impact on vaginal delivery. A vaginal delivery will be out of the question if the lipoma is on the uterus. Once the uterus is not involved, a vaginal delivery should be ok. Set up a consult with a board certified surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Tahira Prendergast, MD
Columbus General Surgeon