I had spreader grafts placed into my nose. Could these be causing excess swelling on my bridge?

I have only recently found out, 2 months post op, that I had spreader grafts placed into my nose. Could these be causing excess swelling on my bridge? I feel as though my nose looks rather wide, much more than before rhinoplasty

Nasal width from spreader grafts

Thank you for your question. Spreader grafts have historically been used to widen the middle nasal vault in order to improve breathing. The purpose of the spreader graft is to serve as a spacer between the septum and the upper lateral cartilages that regulate airflow. It is very common if the spreader graft is too thick to cause widening of the middle vault of the nose. Oftentimes this is accentuated with early postoperative swelling. I hope this information helps.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spreader grafts

Spreader grafts are placed between the septum and the lateral cartilages and can result in slight widening of the dorsum of the nose.  They are usually placed for breathing difficulties or to lengthen the tip.  At two months you may still see improvement as swelling subsides.  

After reading your 9 postings you only 1 the posted photos? So very hard to advise but at least wait 6 months before considering a revision. Seek in person second opinions from ONLY boarded surgeons in Miami. 

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD