Why does my nose look so crooked after rhinoplasty? (photos)

I had rhinoplasty 4 weeks and 4 days ago. my right nostril is more swollen, and my Dr. put a piece of cartilage in the right nostril. when i smile it is crooked and it concerns me because i dont know if it is permanent or swelling. i really just need someone to ease my mind. thank you

Nasal asymmetry

Sorry, but your nose was asymmetric and crooked before surgery based upon your photos. Your alar bases are on different heights in the two photos.

Crooked nose

There is edema in right supraalar area and right mid nose that is adding to the deviated look. If you get some steroid injections it might become straighter. If stays the same after 3 months and despite steroid injections, then you will need revision surgery.RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Asymmetry

It is very early in the healing process.  You can expect swelling for weeks to months before seeing the final result.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

Assuming the left sided picture is pre-op, then your nose was crooked prior to your surgery. It appears less so and the tip rotated after surgery. It may be residual swelling, but in my experience unfortunately it is more likely some residual crookedness.

Why does my nose look so crooked?

Thank you for you question.  It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see some asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period. It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase. Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose??

At four days post surgery you will have too much swelling to make any reasonable evaluation of results. This includes the interference with the normal upper lip movement. Follow your surgeon's instructions closely and follow up as planned to evaluate the healing process over time. it will be months before it is even close to a final result.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Crooked nose

What is the timing of the 2 photos above? Before and After?
The curvature you have does not appear to be from swelling, it could be from different cartilaginous asymmetries, such as your tip, columella, or septum among others. I do not think this will improve with time, as it appears to be a structural problem, not a swelling issue. Follow up closely with your doctor, or seek a second opinion with a local rhinoplasty specialist.

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon