Do I need filler or Botox to lift up my mouth corners? (Photo)

Plz advise me do I need filler or Botox to lift up my mouth cornors? Plz which filler is good To stay for a long period and best age To done this

Treatments to Lift the Corner of the Mouth

The corners of the mouth are pulled down by a small muscle-the depressor anguli oris. Botox can help to rest the muscle for about 3-4 months for most people. The botox will not have any effect on the appearance, but will help fillers last longer and keep the corners from falling more. Fillers such as Juvederm Ultra Plus XC are great for this area. Depending on the patient they may last 6-12 months. This is a great time to get started.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ways to elevate the corners of the mouth

Thank you for your question lai87. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. In the lower face Botox can be placed in the DAO muscle, which pulls down the corners of the mouth. once this muscle is relaxed one sees a slight elevation (1-2 mm) of the corners of the mouth. Fillers such as Voluma can be placed in the upper cheeks and pull the corners of the mouth upward. Fillers such as Volbella can be used directly around the mouth. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Lift of mouth corner

I would recommend to lift with a filler , such as Juvederm Ultra plus . Most fillers are good for a period of 6 months . I recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector to determine a complete treatment plan to achieve what you desire .

Joseph Doumit, MD
Montreal Dermatologist

Combination treatment with Botox and fillers for corners of mouth

Combination treatment with Botox injection into the DAO muscle (2-4 units/side) and filler such as Juvederm UltraPlus into the corners of mouth and marionette lines would work best for you. I recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector to determine a complete treatment plan. 

Botox and Fillers

You can use a combination of Botox to treat the DAO muscles as well as a filler such as Juvederm for the commissures.

Good luck

Turning up fownies

The corners of the mouth can beat be improved with a combination of both Botox in the DAO muscle and fillers in the corners. I use cannulas for this area to limit the bruising. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Conservative Lip Augmentation

Lai.   Your photos indicate that you already have attractive lips. However, it appears you would be a good candidate for treatment of your upper lateral lips and corners of mouth with filler, like Juvederm Ultra plus. This would lift up the corners of your mouth and provide better symmetry to your lips. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Do I Need Filler Or Botox To Lift Up My Mouth Corners?

Thank you for your excellent question and for sharing your photograph.  Based on your photo, the use of a hyaluronic acid based dermal filler such as Juvederm would be likely to most effectively address your concern.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Corners of the mouth?

Thanks for this question. I prefer to use a combination of dermal filler and Dysport or Botox to get the corners to "smile" and look "happy" again. The Botox will relax the muscle pulling the corner down and a layered filler will add support under the corner. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Mouth Corners

The corners of your mouth are not downturned, so I don't see where Botox will help much, though a personal evaluation would be needed to make sure. Filler, however, would be great to help with the shadows you have near the corners of your lips. I personally use the Juvederm brands. They work great and last a long time.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon