Is it safe to get Botox and have a history of seizures?

Seizures And Botox

Thank you for your question. Botox is a neurotoxin used to remove wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing muscles. It should be safe to receive Botox treatment. However, I would discuss this with your neurologist before receiving treatment. Make sure to tell your injector you have this problem. Best of Luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox with a history of seizure disorder

Thank you for your question 23sophia. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. A seizure disorder is not a contraindication to Botox treatment. 

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox and seizures?

Thanks for this question Sophia. I would say that yes you can safely have Botox. Be sure to discuss your medical history with your injector including any medication you're currently taking. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Botox and Seizures

This should be fine. Make sure you share your medical history, and all relevant medications, with your Dr. at the time of your injections. Best, Dr. Emer

History of seizures, Botox ok?

Yes, Botox is quite alright to have if you suffer from seizures. I would go ahead and get injected. There is no increase in seizures with Botox.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox in patient with seizures

There should be no problem getting the injection but be sure to check with your neurologist especially about the medication you are on and the type of seizures

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox and seizures

Botox is a medication that is injected into target muscles of the face to selectively relax those muscles for fewer/softer wrinkles.

Botox is a safe medication with millions of injections performed every year without incident. It does not react with many medications. For a patient who has a history of seizures, it's important that their seizures are under control. I would hold off on any injections until your seizure disorder is adequately treated. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it safe to receive Botox injections if prone to seizures

Thank you for sharing your interesting question. It is safe to receive Botox injections even if you are a patient who experiences seizures. Make sure you inform your doctor that you have this problem. Good luck, 

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon