Facial laser after botox?

I bought 3 trinity laser treatments that I need to get done. I recently had botox and was told not to do any facial laser treatments as it would make the effects of botox go away faster. Is this true? Should I wait to get my laser treatments (3 months)?

Laser after Botox

Thank you for your question NicoleRyder. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Treatments with lasers may heat up the skin and possibly cause swelling, either of which may lead to increased diffusion of Botox. If Botox spreads to nearby muscles there may be side effects such as droopy eyelids. For this reason I recommend waiting one week after a Botox treatment before a laser treatment. That being said, I have colleagues who routinely perform both treatments on the same day. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Laser treatment after Botox

The laser treatment will not affect the longevity of the Botox results. Many physicians including myself commonly perform combination treatment with Botox, fillers and lasers on the same day. That being said, there is some (minimal) risk of spread of the Botox and so some providers may wait to perform the laser treatment. It is physician dependent. I would discuss with your treating physician. See an expert.

Botox and laser..

The effects of Botox should not go away faster if you have laser treatment, but Botox and Dysport can migrate so waiting 1 to 2 weeks might be a good idea. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Laser treatment after botox

I would recommend waiting 6-7 days until the Botox effect is complete. Then it's perfectly ok to go ahead with laser treatments.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser treatments after Botox

Laser treatment after Botox in the same area will not make the effects of Botox wear off faster. There is a small risk of increased spread of the Botox, so some people will wait a few days, but many physicians will do both on the same day without any problems. Good luck!

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Lasers and Botox

Hi, thanks for your question. We frequently treat patients with lasers a few days after they have had a Botox treatment (sometimes even the same day, depending on the laser). I would not be concerned about the Botox wearing off any faster as a result of a laser treatment. 

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Effects of Laser on Botox

Laser treatments will not cause your Botox to wear off any faster than it typically would. In my practice we very often do a combination of lasers and Botox with patients on the same day with no issues. Of course talk to your doctor but as far as I'm concerned, it is safe to proceed with your laser treatments without fear of diminishing the effects of your Botox.

Dennis Gross, MD

Botox and Lasers--The Ultimate Timeline

Many people use laser and botox on the same day, I do in my practice.  There is little risk of diffuse spreading of the Botox, so some will advise to wait 2 weeks. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Does Fraxel laser make Botox last less?

First off, Fraxel laser is not a Trinity laser. They are different. However, the meat of the question is "Do lasers diminish Botox results?". The laser does NOT cause less longevity of the Botox. You have to wait a couple days after Botox to have a Fraxel laser to not potentially spread the Botox to areas that were not intended to get Botox. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD