I had a lumpectomy for breast cancer and am receiving radiation treatments. Is Botox safe for me to receive?

I've gotten botox injections before with no problem.

Botox after radiation

Thank you for your question judyrutko. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Radiation and chemotherapy may decrease wound healing. Therefore I recommend waiting 6-12 months after such treatments before laser resurfacing. In the case of Botox, however, recent radiation is not a contraindication. That being said, the safety and efficacy of Botox has not been tested on those with recent raidation. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

I Had A Lumpectomy For Breast Cancer And Am Receiving Radiation Treatments. Is Botox Safe For Me To Receive?

Thank you for your question.  You should be just fine to receive Botox.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Botox and Radiation Therapy

Yes, you can still have Botox while receiving radiation. I recommend seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer

had a lumpectomy for breast cancer and am receiving radiation treatments. Is Botox safe for me to receive

There is no interaction between Botox and radiation therapy or chemotherapy, so its safe to proceed

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox during radiation therapy?

It is fine to get Botox during radiation therapy. It will help put you in a good mood too, some studies suggest. It can only be beneficial.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Breast Cancer, Radiation and Botox Treatments.

Hello judyrutko,

Thank you for sharing your question and concerns. Safety is always first in medicine and even more so when undergoing multiple treatments from different physicians. Hence discussing this with your oncologist is the safest route and she/he will most likely tell you it is okay. Best of luck. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox while receiving radiation treatment

i don't think that there would be any problem getting Botox while getting radiation treatment, but you should check with your oncologist first just to make sure.  

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox after radiation

There should be no problem getting Botox injections after your treatment but always check with your oncologist to be certain that it is known to him and that it is ok

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Is BOTOX safe during radiation treatment

Thank you for sharing your question. It is probably safe for you to receive injection of Botox, but is not worth the risk. Discuss this thoroughly with your oncologist prior to considering treatment with Botox.  Good luck!