When I did Ultherapy I had headache and I took ibuprofen before the therapy . Can this reduce my results ?

Ibuprofen before Ultherapy

Hi,No worries!  The manufacturer recommends 800mg of ibuprofen before the procedure to minimize any discomfort from Ultherapy.
Warmly,Dr. Liu

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Anti Inflammatory Meds Before Ultherapy

Hi and thank you for your question! 
We advise our patients to avoid aspirin, ibuprofen and any vitamins and/or supplements that are anticoagulants for 5-7 days before Ultherapy to minimize the chance of bruising. We don't find that taking small, occasional doses of NSAID's makes a major difference in results, especially just one dose as you took.
Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Maximization of Ultherapy Results

Don't worry.  Thirty minutes prior to treatment we recommend 800 mg dose of ibuprofen to help with pain relief during the session.  However, moving forward try to avoid the routine use of anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen and Celebrex for one month. The inflammatory response in your tissue from Ultherapy works in a positive way to stimulate collagen fiber formation and remodeling.
If you are not already on a medically oriented skin care program, you may want to discuss this with your provider. Topical prescription skin products can help to stimulate collagen fiber formation through direct action with growth factors and through exfoliation to resurface skin. Medical skin care combined with treatments like Ultherapy can maximize the results you obtain and help to maintain the results.

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ibuprofen before Ulthera

No need to worry!  In our office, we routinely have patients take 800 mg of ibuprofen immediately prior to their Ulthera procedure.  This will not hinder your results at all.  It is recommended to try and minimize the use of anti-inflammatory medications in the months following treatment, since Ulthera relies on your body's inflammatory response to produce results.  However, an occasional ibuprofen will not significantly impact results.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Ibuprofen

Ibuprofen has no effect on the ultherapy results. I suggest you speak to your physician about their pre and post-operative protocols.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ibuprofen before Ultherapy

Ibuprofen taken before an Ultherapy treatment will not affect the results of your treatment. In fact, Ibuprofen is routinely given prior to Ultherapy treatment to reduce pain. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Ibuprofen or Motrin reduce the effectiveness of Ultherapy?

No. We routinely give Ibuprofen as a single dose before Ultherapy. I took it before treatment on my jaw and neckline and the treatment worked great. If you took Ibuprofen every day for the month after Ultherapy treatment (if you had joint pain, for example) that would most likely reduce the benefits of Ultherapy. However, a single dose will not affect the treatment results. Best.
Stephen Weber MD, FACSDenver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ibuprofen with Ultherapy?

We generally give patients a cocktail of medications that includes up to 800mg of ibuprofen. The only thing that would decrease your results is having pain and being unable to get through the entire procedure. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Ibuprofen and Ultherapy

We usually have patients take some ibuprofen before the surgery to make it more comfortable.  It should not decrease your results. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon