Is it better to get Ultherapy before or after a facial fat transfer?

Much depends on the timeline you are referring to ( days, weeks, months, etc), but in general it is better to have the Ultherapy performed followed by fat transfer.  The combination of these two treatments can be an excellent facial rejuvenation strategy for patients not needing a surgical procedure. 

Ultherapy before fat transfer

I would recommend having the Ultherapy treatment before your fat transfer procedure. Ultherapy produces deep heat in order to stimulate collagen production and I would not recommend treatment over recent fillers or fat grafts which may be more susceptible to this heat.  Also, the Ultherapy results will continue to improve over 6 months so you should get a nice result from the Ultherapy and fat transfer combination. Best wishes.

Kristin Baird, MD
Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon

Ultherapy PRIOR to Fat Transfer

Ultherapy is a great device especially in combination with microneedling/PRP or sculptra to get increased collagen and tightening. I would recommend treating with Ultherapy prior to fat transfer for optimal results. Please seek an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Ultherapy.... Before or After Fat Grafting to the Face

I would definitely recommend having your Ultherapy treatment first.   Ultherapy can melt fat if doing a deeper treatment.  But, more importantly, I would allow the Ulthera to tighten your skin as much as possible with little resistance before you have it further filled and tightened with fat grafting.  
Good Luck   

Ultherapy timing

It is best to do Ultherapy before facial fillers in general, including fat grafting. Tightening the skin envelope and underlying structures first will help lift things back into place. Plus you don't want the Ultherapy to melt or damage any of the newly grafted fat, so do it first. 

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician

Ultherapy and Fat transfer

Thanks for your question. I would certainly recommend performing Ultherapy prior to a fat transfer for a number  of reasons. First relates to what we call "tightening the skin envelope". This would likely result in a better supported dermis and epidermis thus enhancing the result of the fat transfer. More importantly, is the fact that ultherapy is very good at melting fat, thus you would not want to risk jeopardizing your new expensive fat grafts by then melting them away. I can't realistically think of many reasons to perform the fat grafting first. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon