Can I sit on a bbl pillow one week after surgery for prolonged periods of time?

I will be getting a bbl soon, but I will only be able to get 1 week off of work. I work in a office so I am sitting the entire time( 8 hr shift). Will sitting on a bbl pillow which puts pressure on the back of my thighs instead of my butt affect my results? Even if i make sure my butt doesnt touch the chair?

Sitting after a BBL

Hello, thanks for your inquiry. It is not recommended to sit at all for 4 weeks but if you have no choice, use the donut pillow and try to walk once and then so the blood flow in your legs don't get compromised. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Sitting after BBL

Thank you for your question.  It is important to consult with your surgeon about their post-operative instructions, as each surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. If you must go back to work, I definitely do recommend the BBL pillow and getting up every 10-15 minutes to walk around until you are at least three weeks post op. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Back to a desk job after a Brazilian Butt Lift

Good luck with your procedure!  Many patients have to return to work within a short time after having a Brazilian Butt Lift and what you are describing is exactly what I recommend to my patients:  sit on something that places all the pressure on the backs of the thighs rather than on the buttocks.  In my practice, many patients will use a beach towel or blanket rolled up like a bolster pillow to keep their buttocks elevated off the chair and avoid putting pressure on the butt.  Patients also like laying on a 'boppy' baby pillow when initially recovering to prevent pressure on the buttocks if they have had a tummy tuck at the same time and are unable to lay on their stomach.  Of course you will want to run this by your surgeon, but these methods have worked well for patients in my practice.

Ian Lonergan, DO
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon