How do I not have enough fat for a BBL? (Photos)

How do I not have enough fat for a bbl if your body's fat cells only swell up when you gain weight not multiply in the fat cells? is it easier for doc,s to lipo out swollen fat cells than non swollen cells? Does swollen fat cells stay swollen after bbl if you lost weight? I want my fat cells to be lipo out from my hip,belly & thighs to make a noticeable difference. I was trying to avoid implants but if I need to I will but what is the % chance of complications? I'm 5f9in, 130lb, BMI-19.2

BBL in the slender.

Great questions, and good photos. 1-you have enough fat to get a good result. 2-losing or gaining weight (before the surgery) makes little difference, though many would argue differently. 3-plump fat cells are easier to transfer, but the over all result is not enhanced by thier intracellular fat content. 4-in the right hands the complication rate of a BBL is less than 5%. 5-your measurements are wonderful and your photos are even more suggestive of a good result, but only if your expectations are realistic. So here is my recommendation: see a board certified plastic surgeon, who operates at a certified facility and does a ton of BBLs. Ask her, or him, how many Brazilian butt lifts have you done on patients who are as slender as I am, last year? Don't settle for vague answers.

Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

How do I not have enough fat for a BBL?

From photos alone you appear to be a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift however an in person assessment is always better to determine this. Also you may not have enough fat to achieve your desired wish pictures. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift or buttock implants

Thank you for your question. You have two options for buttock aumentation. one is a brazilian butt lift procedure. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. The amount of fat transferred from targeted areas depends on the quantity available and the extent of buttock augmentation each patient desires.  Sufficient body fat for a buttock augmentation is very patient-specific, depending on an individual’s body shape and proportions. The second option is Buttock Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection. Because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Bottom line, I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon specialist in buttock augmentation (BOTH implants and fat transfer) to determine what option is best for you.  

You have enough fat

For an nice BBL result.  If you are looking for a huge butt, then you won't achieve that with fat transfer.  However, your wish pics don't depict anyting unreasonable.  I would avoid gluteal implants as the risks and complication rate are much higher.

John Zannis, MD
New Bern Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL verses Gluteal Implants

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a BBL. Based on your photos, a board certified plastic surgeon should be able to find enough fat in your abdomen and flanks for transfer to your bum. However, if during your consultation, your surgeon feels implants will give you the aesthetic you desire, they're a good option as well. Some patients even use a combination of the two procedures. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Why don't I have Enough Fat for a BBL?

Almost everyone can benefit from a BBL since s BBL is made up of two stages: First, using lipoduction to round up your existing buns into nice round ones and sculpting the fat around them to increase the prominence of the new round buttocks. Then, removing the required amount of fat from as many areas as possible to fill the new rounder buns. 
Liposculpture and Back Scoop Lipo could definitely enhance your butt. But you do not appear to have the amount of fat needed to create the buttocks you posted ( about 600-900 cc of fat per cheek). This means you can have a nice improvement but not to the extent you desire. 
Dt. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

BBL and weight gain

I am not a big fan for patients to gain weight prior to a BBl because inevitably they want to lose the weight after the procedure.

Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Tummy Tuck, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thanks for your question. It looks like you could get a nice result with contouring. There will be a limit to how much fat you have but I think you could get a very nice result. Ultimately it will take a face to face with a board certified Plastic surgeon to know for sure. Good luck.

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon