How long is the actual TT & BBL surgery?

Time in OR

This is a fairly extensive surgery they can take many hours. There are many variables. The time of surgery depends on if the surgeon has an assistant, the speed of the surgeon and the size of the patient. A full abdominoplasty can take anywhere from 1 1/2 hours to five hours. A Brazilian can take anywhere from 2 1/2 hours to four hours. Combined surgery I generally more efficient. An average time for the combined procedure would be around six hours. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Combined TT and BBL

Depending on the size of the patient and the experience of the surgeon, a combined tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttock can take anywhere from four to five hours. Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person to see if you are a good candidate for this type of procedure.Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

How long is the actual TT and BBL surgery?

Tummy tuck and Brazilian butt lift surgery time can vary depending on the size of the patient and the number of areas to be liposuctioned.  In most cases a tummy tuck will take approximately 2 to 3 hours to perform and a BBL approximately 2 to 2 1/2 hours.  In combination the two surgeries may take 4 to 5 1/2 hours to perform. Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

TT and BBL surgery

I like to stage the two. Most of the time, a BBl takes between 2-4 hours and a TT about 1 1/2-3 hours.  Best of luck.

TT and BBL are often combined as one operation. In our center the combined procedures typically take 4-5  hours depending on the complexity of each of the procedures. The patient then returns home and is seen after about 4 days. You should consult with a Board Certified PS who performs many of the above combined procedures to make sure that you are a candidate, Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Surgery time for combined tt & bbl

this depends upon the patients overall size and areas to undergo liposuction - for the bbl portion of the case.  typically, in our practice it takes 3.5-4 hours to complete the entire procedure.  we often do more than one per day, several days a week - so this allows for our team of nurses, anesthesiologists, and myself - the surgeon - to coordinate efficiently and not spend extra time in the operating room.  on a larger patient, it could take an extra 30-45 min, but would still be under 4.5 hours for the entire surgery.

It's a good question.I separate these procedures into two separate operations. The Brazilian butt lift is first and takes 2-3 hours. After complete recovery, which is around three months then the tummy tuck is performed. The time depends on the person's specific anatomy, but typically takes 3-4 hours.