Will a Rhinoplasty improve my profile? Are the quotes I am getting okay? (photos)

I will be paying $5000 cash for a Rhinoplasty to remove my dorsal hump and pick my tip up. I was headbutted when i was 15 years old and it is crooked so it is to fix this, growing up i had a good nose now i feel like my face looks deformed from this. My side Profile is not appealing to me and when i take photos i have to photoshop my tip and my hump. WIll this rhinoplasty fix this? Also im looking into getting fillers for under the eyes to help my veins being shown and my tired look. Is it worth it?

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump removal and profile improvement

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish straightening and narrowing the bridge line, shaving down the dorsal hump, and lifting the tip, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  That price quote seems rather low, so make sure you do your homework and choose the best rhinoplasty surgeon you can, since it will be much more expensive the second time to revise if is not done properly. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so choose your surgeon based on quality, not price. Make sure you examine the doctor's before and after photo gallery, and you are comfortable with the results that surgeon is producing. In our practice, we do not recommend fillers placed around the eyes due to multiple complications that can occur.   For our current price list, and many before-and-after examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear cainriver1, You are an excellent candidate for ethnic rhinoplasty surgery. Your concerns with your profile are very common and can be corrected with rhinoplasty surgery. I would not suggest any fillers under the eyes and after your nose is refined you may not be so bothered by your eyes. I would  suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of ethnic rhinoplasty. During your consultation you can have imaging performed which will show you the possibilities of surgery and show you your proposed result taking into consideration your desires and your nasal anatomy. You will also have a chance to review your surgeons before and after photographs to ensure that he/she provides natural looking results that will balance your profile and overall facial aesthetics. Once these steps have been performed the surgeon will discuss in detail the exact techniques that will be used to attain your agreed upon desired result. See some examples in my ethnic rhinoplasty link below and and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

you are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty and the price is a good one.  I wouldn't waste my time or money on the injectables, however.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

RHINOPLASTY

Thank you for your photos and question.

Rhinoplasty can helps the problems you mentioned.  The quote seems low.  Make sure your surgeon is a board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery or the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Also see several before and after photos.  

I do not recommend filler to lower lids at your age.

Good luck!

Raj P. TerKonda, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty and fillers

Rhinoplasty can definitely help straighten your nose and improve your tip and hump for a nicer profile. You should point out these areas and explain your goals to your plastic surgeon to make sure you both agree on the treatment plan before proceeding with surgery. On a separate note, fillers under the eyes can help smooth the transition between your lower eyelid and the cheek if done correctly. You may wish to have your fillers performed several weeks after your rhinoplasty due to the amount of swelling that can occur in that area after surgery. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Rhinoplasty

A well thought out and executed rhinoplasty will potentially make you very happy with your profile.  The fee quoted sounds low. Be sure your surgeon is well trained, credentialed, and has a good reputation. Surgery should be performed in an accredited operating room with an anesthesiologist administering medications. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Will Rhinoplasty Improve My Profile?

Your hump can be removed, the nose straightened, the asymmetries reduced, and the tip narrowed by a experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Make sure that you see multiple examples of excellent results in patients with noses like yours during your consults.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Yes a rhinoplasty can help improve your profile by removing the hump and refining/repositioning your tip. If done well, you should have a natural looking masculine nose in good balance. Undereye fillers can give subtle changes to the area to make it less hollow. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD