Post Rhinoplasty: Do I have an over resected dorsum of my nose? (Photos)

I got rhinoplasty 3 months ago now. However, I am not satisfied with the result. My nose doesn't look straight at all: my nose tip is appears too big and my nose bridge is too low. Also I do have two dents, one on each side of my nose. What is this and how can this be solved? My surgeon says it will all get better as the fat tissue under the nose skin will come back, but I don't really believe him. Thank you

Rhinoplasty Results at 3 Months

I know that it is frustrating to not have your ideal nose yet, but at 3 months post op, it is very common for the tip in particular to still be swollen. For now, be patient. If at 6 months post op, you are still unhappy then schedule an appointment to see your surgeon. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty at 3 months

I do see your concerns with your dorsum, but you also have to be patient with the tip as there is often quite a bit of swelling still present at 3 months. Most surgeons would wait a year and sometimes longer to perform a revision.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. At three months there is still significant swelling.  However, I do see the issues you describe.  I always recommend that you return to your primary surgeon and share your concerns.  If there is still cause for concern, then seek a second opinion. 

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

3 months post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD