Multiple hair per follicles?

Had FUE one month ago. When I look at the hair closesly I can see many are coming out from the same "hole". Should I be worried of an unnatural look?

It may be normal to see two or three hairs for each incision site as hair grafts may contain 1 to 3 hairs.

It may be normal to see two or three hairs for each incision site as hair grafts may contain 1 to 3 hairs.  If this is not the case and you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.  Front hair line should have single hairs.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Multiple hair per follicles

you may see multipl hair in one "hole" , important point is where do you see it...During the placement of follicular units there will be a mixture of single, double and a few triple grafts, which help to create the soft look of a natural hairline.

For the first few lines always go for single grafts, later doubles Triples and others.So that a smooth transition will be there giving undetectable hair transplants.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Many hairs per graft

I will assume that you had follicular unit transplants which means that the follicular unit contains between 1-4 hairs each and good surgeons can harvest these units as they appear, 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What are Follicular Units

Follicular units are natural groupings of follicles with 1-4 hairs. With FUE or FUT, follicular units will have 1-4 hairs, so it is not unnatural to see multiple hairs coming from one recipient site as we try to maintain the integrity of a follicular unit. What is unnatural depends on where the multiple hair units are placed. If they are in the frontal hairline that could lead to an unnatural appearance. Hope this helps.

Brian Goertz, MD
Seattle Hair Restoration Surgeon