Transplanted hair falling out 10 months post op. Is it normal?

NW6 here. I am 10 months post op now and shedding transplated hairs I understand it is normal to shed 50-100 hairs a day but for a NW 6 like me, i dont expect that much normal hair shedding plus the hairs that are falling are not miniaturized which tells me that these are transplanted hairs and not DHT affected hairs. i never had any shockloss after the transplant, could this be a delayed shockloss or telogen phase at 10 months post op? or i am looking at a potential hair transplant failure

Shock loss or ?

It is best to return to your hair transplant doctor for evaluation.  Shock loss usually occurs earlier in the post op cycle.  If you are not already, you should be on minoxidil or finasteride.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no way to tell why you are experiencing hair loss on the Internet. It is best to contact your doctor

There is no way to tell why you are experiencing hair loss on the Internet.  It is best to contact your doctor for a follow up exam.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shock losss

Shock loss can happen anytime in the first year or so. This is best prevented with the drug finasteride, see below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon