Redness and numbness after two months post-op FUT? (Photos)

I had a FUT process done exactly two months ago. Is the redness of my scalp normal? It is also a bit tender. I'm 34 years of age and of East Asian descent. I know it's difficult to tell much by an image, but any feedback would be appreciated.

Redness and Numbness

Redness would generally go away within a month, so the fact you still have significant redness after 2 months means you should go see your doctor about what may be causing it. Numbness at 2 months is less atypical, but while you talk to your doctor about the redness bring it up and see what they say. Generally numbness is only something to worry about if it's still there after 4-6 months.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after a hair transplant surgery

Post-op redness will occur both in the recipient area and the donor area. The degree and length of time in which both areas will remain pink or red, will largely depend on the individual's skin tone. Redness in the recipient area occurs due to the presence of newly formed blood vessels and inflammation from the placement of the new grafts. Some patients are lucky and either don't experience it at all, or it goes away quickly. It appears that those with fairer skin may be more vulnerable to extended redness. It is beter to consult with your surgeon  before using any kind of shampoo or medication 

.All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Two months post op and still tender and red is it normal ?

it is not normal to have redness and tenderness two months after the procedure. You need to contact your doctor and go for a follow up.

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you have post surgical issues, please contact your doctor. Your doctor knows the details of you surgery and can best answer y

If you have post surgical issues, especially with redness, please contact your doctor. Your doctor knows the details of you surgery and can best address your issues.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness and tenderness is uncommon two months after a procedure

Redness and tenderness is uncommon two months after a procedure. You should follow up with the Surgeon who performed your procedure for an examination

Craig L. Ziering, DO
West Hollywood Hair Restoration Surgeon

Redness after 2 months

First, make sure you do not have folliclitis and if not, the use of topical steroids will reduce the degree of redness

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Pain and redness in transplanted area 2 months after a FUT

slimjim007,

Two months post FUT there usually is no pain in the transplanted area. I would recommend that you follow up with your hair restoration surgeon.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD, FISHRS
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon