No. of grafts/scabs removal/burning sensation at donor area? (photo)

I had my HT by FUE method 8 days ago and attached is photo of it from today (8th Oct 16). I have 3 questions and would very much appreciate if anyone can help me with it 1) The doctor said they implanted 2200 grafts, does it look like as many or is it less? 2) Can i start removing scabs at this stage? Mt doctor advised i shouldn't touch scabs for 4 weeks, is it overkill? 3) There is burning sensation still at the donor area when i lie down to sleep, is it normal?

No. of grafts/scabs removal/burning

1 yes it looks like 2200 grfats ,

2 dont start to rubbing forcefull  before 2 weeeks , but also dont wait for 4 weeks

3 yes it is normal ..

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How many grafts

You can not tell this after the surgery as many of the grafts shed. Ask your surgeon for the count sheet. with regard to care after the surgery, an FUE is treated just like a regular hair transplant with regard to the recipient area, but the donor area has open wounds which require daily washing with soap and water. Within 3 days of surgery, you can resume full activities, heavy exercises if you wish. The recipient area requires daily washes as well to keep the recipient area free of crusts. I generally recommend the use of a sponge and supply my patient with a surgical sponge to fill with soapy water and press on the recipient area daily. By repeating this daily, all crusts can be washed off without any fear of losing grafts. IF any crust are present, use a Q tip and dip it into soapy water, and roll it on the crusts and that will lift them off without dislodging them, but never rub them, just roll the Q tip on the recipient crust. I like to see no evidence of any crusting in the recipient area and the crusts from the donor area gone in 7-10 days with daily washing.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no way to tell how many grafts you received from a photo.

There is no way to tell how many grafts you received from a photo.  It is not wise to pull off your scabs.  It is best to follow your doctor's instructions for washing.  Burning sensation is not normal.  It is best to contact your doctor with your questions and issues.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon