Is my nose becoming C-shaped again? (photos)

before my rhinoplasty my nose was C-shaped (my surgeon told me) and slanted to a side and now 5 weeks post op I feel like its starting to look slanted again! could it be swelling? Its more noticeable when I take pictures with flash

Rhinoplasty swelling and asymmetry

In the early post operative period, there will be a LOT of swelling. The swelling can take up to 12-18 months to resolve. Be sure to be in close contact with your surgeon about your concerns. Good luck! 

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

You are very early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD