Crooked nose and bone sticks out? What kind of rhinoplasty is needed?

Attached pictures, but they don't show the bone sticking out. At the top of my nose the bone sticks out to the point where when I weigh a bit less you can see the actual bone on both sides, however all the time you can see a bump. What kind of rhionoplasty is needed?

Crooked nose and bone sticks out?

Thank you for your question and photos. I do see what you mean on front view. The best option is a rhinoplasty to smooth out the nasal bones and bring them closer together. Tip refinement would also be helpful to balance the nose. On profile, the tip can be shortened just a touch (or leave it if you prefer because it looks ok). In person consultation can be helpful for a full exam and more information. Good luck

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty and possible septoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. ).  If you live outside of the United States, the surgeon should ideally be a member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear elizabethporter, I would suggest that you seek consultation with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty and discuss what your goals of surgery would be. Imaging during consultation can show you those proposed changes and you can decide on the desired result. After this step you can review  the surgeons before and after photographs of noses similar to your own to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. Once you decide upon a surgeon he/she will discuss in detail the techniques that will be used during your rhinoplasty to achieve the agreed upon desired result. See some examples in the link below and video above. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Rhinoplasty , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

The photos are not very clear and the best way to be evaluated would be in person. Best of luck.......

What Type of Rhinoplasty is Needed

A rhinoplasty can be done to straighten your nose, improve the contour of your sharp nasal bones, correct the narrowing in the mid-portion of your nose that gives you an hour glass appearance, and correct the asymmetry of your wide nasal tip. It is not a question of the type of rhinoplasty but who you select select to do the work; consult with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish filing down the bony hump that sticks out. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones can accomplish straightening them.  Cartilaginous paragraphs are placed under the concave upper-level cartilage in the midportion of the nose. A tip rhinoplasty is required on the nasal tip cartilages with they are asymmetric and crooked. This might include cartilage removal and cartilage grafting techniques. 

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Chin augmentation with rhinoplasty

Hi thanks to share your pic and your concern.you do have a mild projected nasal tip and a receeding chin.Hence  a combined modality of chin augmentation and rhinoplasty procedure can give you optimal improvement .they will help you to achieve a perfect hormony with the rest of your facial features..however do consult a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon think twice and then plan your procedure.good luck.