My profile is worse after rhinoplasty. (photos)

I know it's too soon, there is swelling and healing process, but it's obvious that my profile is worse than before, the angle of my nose is just wrong. I look like Pinocchio with the tip up and out. My doc admitted that struggled with the tip during the surgery. What's your opinion? (Pls don't tell me about chin, then I might as well insert a new forehead). Thank you.

Rhinoplasty results & tip projection

My first piece of advice would be to be patient and wait for your final results. These may take anywhere from 6 months to a year. Also keep in mind that the tip is the last area to heal. Once you have your final results, if you are still not happy with the projection of your tip then you need to speak with your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon in your area about a revision to address the issue. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Result

Thank you for the question and YES, if you are still early post op, it is too soon to judge your result.  That said I always take digital photos of my patients and then alter them with the patients input so I know exactly how the patient wants to look after surgery and can show them how it can be accomplished and what the risks are

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal tip projection and angle

Thank you for the question and photos. If the nasal tip projection and angle stays the same after healing is complete a revision rhinoplasty with tip projection reduction will be needed.  In doing so the angle of the nasal tip can also be revised top meet your desires.  Although the chin projection is relatively short, a chin augmentation alone would not solve the nasal tip projection issue.  

Good luck with the remainder of your healing.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post-Operative Concerns

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon, at 2 weeks post-operatively, to have quite a bit of swelling in the tip.  This will improve with time, and will take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to fully resolve.  I would not  necessarily say that you have a 'pinocchio' nose, and the projection you are seeing (how far your nose sits out from your face) will settle with time.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and I wouldn't make a final assessment of your nose just yet.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Concerns Early Post Op

You had an long nose with tip ptosis in your profile which appears to have been rather nicely improved and not truly a "Pinocchio" deformity. The feeling of overprotection and stiffness in the tip and cartilages will improve as you heal and feel more natural to you. In general the projection and angle will relax and also improve. Seek reassurance from your surgeon and try to be accepting of the process as you heal. Wishing you all the best in your recovery. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon