Help! Horrible big rings around my eyes where I had filler after using tight goggles for swimming. Will this go away?

I had restylane and juvederm in and around my tear trough area 6 months ago. The results were great. Today I stupidly wire very tight swimming goggles for about 40 mins and now have huge rings from these around my eyes. Will this go back to how it was soon?

It is fairly common for tight goggles to leave rings around the eyes due the pressure exerted.

It is fairly common for tight goggles to leave rings around the eyes due the pressure exerted. It is unlikely that your filler was affected after 6 months. These rings will most likely disappear on their own within a day or so, if not sooner.

Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Goggles used after Restylane injected

Thank you for sharing your concerns about a "ring" around your eyes following Restylane injections and use of giggles. There will probably be no long term issues, but see your injector got in person evaluation. Good luck.

Without examining you or seeing photos its difficult to give specific advice but it sounds like you should go see your injector ASAP to be examined. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Goggles after filler

I usually recommend that swimmers use larger goggles after filler is placed in the tear troughs.  Goggles can cause indentations that can last for many hours but I do believe that they also can cause displacement of the filler. Now in many cases the filler will settle back in place but for any reason if your indentations persist then massage may help to improve the problem.  if that fails then hyalronidase can be used to melt the displaced filler. Hope all returns back to normal. Good luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fillers around the tear trough

At 6 months, any filler placed should be unaffected by any sort of pressure.  Swelling after tight googles can last a day or more in patients unrelated to filler.  Sleep elevated and this should reduce very quickly.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Rings Around Eyes After Swimming

There is no reason why juvederm or restylane would be effected 6 months later by swimming with goggles.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Rings from swimming

The rings are from the pressure and should go away without repercussion.  I don't think any permanent damage was done. Best, Dr. Green

Rings will go away

I don't think that rings  have anything to do with the fillers. Goggles can do this and it should resolve by itself.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Rings from goggles

That is quite common and the rings should go away after a few hours. This is quite common. Best of luck. 

Rings after swimming...

Thank you for your question.  This is unlikely anything to do with filler placed 6 months ago, it more likely is due to the pressure exerted by your goggles.  It should resolve on its own shortly.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon