I recently had 1 ml of Restylane injected into deep nasolabial folds.

How much HA can be injected at one time? this was a first experience so I said ok to 1 ml.

How much filler can be used for initial treatments?

Thank you for asking your question. The best approach for treating a patient for the first time is to under-correct the problem and add additional filler on a follow up visit. This allows the patient to see how much swelling they get and ensures that the area being treated does not get over-corrected. Make sure an experienced, board-certified physician performs all injections. Good luck.

Injection Of HA

Starting with 1 ml of any HA filler is what I recommend at my office. You can always do more, however with it being your first visit that would be a good starting point. Since HA's will swell, it is best to wait at least a week to see your final result and the decide if you want more.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Amount of Restylane

you can inject a lot of fillers without complications, Ive done 15 tubes at once before on a full face.  to the folds, a few syringes is normal without issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

How much filler to use in Nasolabial folds

Every patient is different; a consultation with an expert injector that includes a discussion about expectation of results should be had prior to injection of filler.  Sophisticated injectors often use several syringes or different materials in multiple locations to obtain natural and youthful results.  In a young patient with minimal volume loss, 1 syringe may be sufficient.  It is always a good idea to establish a follow up in about 2 weeks to evaluate results if you are unsure.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane for nasolabial folds

One ml of Restylane injected into deep nasolabial folds usually is not enough filler to see a significant improvement.  Please return to your physician to discuss more filler and which one he/she would use to give you the best cosmetic result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

1 ml of restylane

Fillers are a great way to address unwanted facial lines and creases, and even to alter and restore facial proportion.  It is wise to start conservatively with only a single syringe, knowing that the result always can be augmented.  While most patients require only 1 or 2 syringes to achieve the desired effect on their NLF, there are patients with deeper creases or the desire for greater effacement that may choose to inject more.  It is important that after any injectable you make a follow up appointment with your physician to critically discuss the results to optimize your current care and discuss future treatment plans.  Best of luck.

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

How much restylane

1 ml can lead to a nice improvement to the nasolabial folds in many patients but everyone is different.  I would recommend seeing how you like it and if you think you could benefit from more then follow up with your injector.  While many injectors will use multiple syringes, I prefer to start gently with first time treatments.  Under filling is preferable to too much, as you can always add more. Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Restylane and nasolabial lines

Restylane is a great product for the nasolabial area but every person needs a different amount. Generally one to two syringes is sufficient to treat this area. Best, Dr. Green

Much more than 1ml

Restylane, Juvederm and other HA fillers can be used in volumes exceeding 1.0ml. Some patients only require 1ml, whilst in patients with volume loss, I inject up to 5-7 mls in one sitting ( in different areas such as the cheeks, temples, jowl lines and folds). 

To answer your question, if smoothing out of your nasolabial folds is what you are after, than 1-2 mls will do the job. The amount required really depends on how deep your folds are, and what look you are aiming to achieve. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist