Why my nipples don't get hard when cold?

After breast lift 3 months ago, my aerola was reduced and now when I'm cold my nipples don't get hard at all, my surgeon say it might be the aerola got so small that the nipple don't have anywhere to go when is cold, and he recommend make the aerola hole bigger and stretch the aerola..is that sounds good?

Nipple don't get hard?

This is generally temporary..this should improve with more time.  The nerve endings can take up to 1 year to heal and regenerate.  Be patient. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Dr Vasisht

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

With the surgery also some of the nerves around the areolas get cut and the normal reflex to the cold is lost, but usually come back 6 to 12 months later, once they connect again, to the nipple areola complex.