Does the price of the surgery include the post op visits?

I know after surgery you will have to see the doctor several times after to see how the healing process is, as well as annually after that. Will any of the lost operation appointments be included in the overall price of the surgery?

Yes it should. In my practice, follow up visits are free for life. It is a good way to get long term follow up.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Yes it should.  It does for my patients, all post-op and pre-op visits are included in the cost of surgery.  Check in with your doctor's office to check if you have already scheduled your surgery.  If you have not chosen your doctor yet, be sure to ask and find out at your consultation.

If you would like more information regarding breast augmentation and the recovery process you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner at ABetterBreast.com.

Best of luck to you!

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Yes

Most surgeon give you a package that includes preop, surgery, and post appointments. More than that is usually not included but each doctor is different. 

Cost of follow-up visits

Thank you for the question. I would check with the board certified PS you are consulting with to see if they are or are not. In my office, the follow-up appointments are always included in the BA procedure cost. Other offices may be different and charge per visit.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post op apointments should be included with your procedure fee

and you should confirm this with your surgeon but I can't think of anyone that would charge 'ala carte' for post-op care.  And if you find that your surgeon does charge, you should consider getting someone who doesn't so you won't be burdened with additional fees after surgery.

Curtis Wong, MD

I would discuss this with your surgeon as each surgeon/practice will have its own policies. Typically, postoperative appointments are included and desired on both ends to ensure that you are doing well and also to see the overall result and your desires are satisfied. Best wishes!  

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast augmentation

It is best to check with your PS what is and what is not covered with your PS. Every practice is different and some consultants will charge you for each consultation and some will give you a fixed cost to include all consults.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. In our office the initial consultation is free and then all visits before and after the procedure are included in the price.

You will get the best answer to your question by scheduling an in person consultation with aplastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss your unique situation and concerns. The surgeon would meet with you, examine you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure in person and what to realistically expect. Then you can make an informed decision on which procedure(s) to start with according to your desires, recovery time necessary, your history and current health

Post op visits included in pricing?

That is a great question and one I get often. In my practice, we do not charge for post operative visits. It is included in the price of the surgery. 

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Thank you for your question. In general, post-operative visits are included in the coast of the surgery up to certain period. Please contact your plastic surgeon's office for details on their policy. Good luck!

Mary Lee Peters, MD