Reshaping the face with fat grafting (not lipo)?

I have a fat middle face so the majority of the fat in my face kind of droops, leaving my lower face looking long and oval shaped. I have a natural eye crease from a large obicularis oculi, so when I smile I look like a chipmunk. I want to "bring up" that lower-middle face fat, to make the apple and hollow of my cheeks the more prominent point of my face so it looks less long. Asking because I don't want to lipo it and look old later. I just want to relocate and shape it. Is this possible?

Facial Sculpting with Fat, Fillers Like Radiesse, Juvederm Voluma, Restylane Lyft, Sculptra, Facial Implants; Jawline Lipo

I suggest you see an expert you can sculpt the face with a combination of fillers, neck kybella/liposuction, or facial ultherapy/thermage.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Reshaping the face with fat grafting

Without pictures it is always hard to give exact answers. In general, a combination of liposuction and fat grafting can be used to re-shape the face and give a more youthful appearance. As part of my mid-facelift, I use fat grafting to help restore volume where it has been lost during the aging process. 

See board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Facial contouring #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing

Dear Iwantanosejob

Thank you for your question!  Facial fat grafting and contouring is an important part of facial rejuvenation.  I combine it with eyelid surgery, facelifting surgery and primarily grafting alone. 

With Warm Regards

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Microlipotransfer to Face

Thank you for your question. As we age, the combination of gravitational decent of our muscles and volume loss leads to the look you describe. Facial sculpting using fat grafting is an efficacious treatment. It can also be combined with customized facial implants for greater accuracy. You should see a surgeon who can computer image you. That way you can see realistically what is possible based upon your anatomy.

Beat wishes!

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping the face with fat graftign to create a rejuvenated and lifted appearance

The findings that you describe are very normal with aging.  We loose fat in the upper third of our face and fat tends to collect above the ligamentous structures at the nasolabial fold creating the fullness that bothers you.  we also loose tissue under the nose and in the lips.  I commonly correct these findings using fat or filllers wth a process that I call "Aesthetic Facial Balancing."  using volume I restore the shapes of youth and beauty and twek the features to bring out or "unlock" the individual's own unique beauty.  The most important key is finding a doctor that understands these principles well with aesthetic judgement that is sound.  Look at before and after pictures to evaluate whether results look natural and beautiful or not.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maerkcs M.D.

Fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is certainly possible to rejuvenate the face with fat grafting as you have descdibed.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Fat transfer

Fat transfer is a great way to augment and re-inflate areas of the face that need improvement. Best to be seen in person to review your anatomy and goals.  Good luck.