Fullness on upper inner thigh 5 weeks after fat grafting. Can this be swelling or dead fat that hasn't been absorbed? (Photo)

I've had fat equalization to smooth my my entire inner thighs and fat grafting to both my upper inner thighs 5 weeks ago. This was to correct rippling from bad liposuction years ago. My upper right inner thigh now has extra fullness, almost bag like. It feels smooth and pliable to touch like regular fat. I'm afraid the doctor over grafted me by assuming some fat was going to die, but none did. Is it possible that 5 weeks post-op the fullness I'm feeling is dead fat that hasn't yet left?

5 Weeks Post Liposuction/Fat Grafting Results-Inner Thighs--VASER Hi DEF, ThermiRF, Velashape, Venus Legacy, Thermage

It can take several months for the final results. In our practice, we recommend VASER Hi Def for the most contouring and along with ThermiRF, Velashape, Venus Legacy, Thermage etc. Please see an expert.

Too soon to tell

It is too soon to tell. Your legs will be swollen for a while. You need to give it at least 6 months to settle. Best of luck.

Fat Grafting

Thank you for posting your question. At five weeks after the procedure, swelling is normal and expected. Even though half of the grafted fat is usually reabsorbed, the process is gradual and takes months. Your body needs time to reshape and adjust itself after the procedure, so be patient and follow up closely with your physician.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon