4 months post op Closed SeptorRhino, open roof deformity, overprojecting nose and deviation. How to fix? (photos)

I had a middle eastern nose, bulbous with hump. Now I have a gap between my bones. On my left near my eye the bone shows. There is a mark like I wore glasses. Is it over resected dorsum or can this be closed with osteotomies, no grafts? Also there is a dent in middle. Is it too much cartilage removal or just a reason of open roof deformity? Lastly my right alar side looks collapsed. Overall what would you recommend for my flat bridge, deviation and droopy tip? I know I still have some swelling.

Dear leila.1992, I would suggest that you address your concerns with your surgeon with an in office examination which will determine the cause of your current concerns. Visually I can see the concerns you have however an examination is needed for exact diagnosis. If you feel like you need a secondary opinion then I would suggest requesting a copy of your operative report as well as your original pre-operative photographs to assist you. You will need to wait for the recovery process to take its course which will be another eight months before you can consider secondary surgery. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Revision rhinoplasty?

it is far too early to think about needing a revision. Wait at least six more months and return to your surgeon with your concerns if there are any at that point since the nose is so swollen. If not satisfied after that seek a secondary opinion from a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon. 

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Open roof deformity?

Thanks for your question. Clearly you are well versed in nasal surgery vernacular. While is difficulty to know the details of your concern even from the pictures I would offer a bit of counsel that I lend to all my "hump" removal patients. Anytime you remove a hump you will create the optical illusion of a wider dorsum, this is true even if you perform osteotomies to "close" the roof. This is because you are reducing the projection of the dorsum and a  result of that is the optical illusion of having a wider dorsum. In my opinion osteotomies alone may note fully correct this illusion. In fact the best method of dealing with this is to make the patient fully aware of this potential issue prior to the surgery, during the consultation process. At any rate an experience nasal surgeon should be able to improve and address your concerns. Hope this helps. 

Julian W. Dixon, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon