Is it normal to feel pressure on the bridge of the nose and hurting stitches after rhinoplasty?

I am 2 days post op and i feel pressure on my nose under my cast where my hump used to be before surgery. Can it change shape because of this pressure? I also sprayed some nasal spray on my stitches and it hurt a little. Should I continue to spray or should I stop?

Rhinoplasty Post Op Pressure On The Bridge Of The Nose

Dear Reader,
Thank you for your question.  At two days post op you are still swollen.  Yes, it's normal to feel pressure from the swelling.  It should subside after approx. 5 to 7 days.  Swelling can last for several months but most of it should be resolved after a couple of weeks.  We always recommend Saline nose drops to be  gently used to help with breathing.  Always keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon and keep in open communication with him or her with any questions or concerns.

Best of Luck!

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thank you  for your question. Pressure and some discomfort is normal after Rhinoplasty. You can probably expect your pain and pressure to improve over the next week or two.  I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to ensure you are following instructions regarding nasal spray and to ensure that you are on track.

All the best

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very normal to be swollen in the immediate postoperative period.  Your feeling of pain will improve over time.  I recommend that you return to see your surgeon, as he/she will have a good idea of what to expect in regards to your specific progress, since they can evaluate you in relation to your preoperative appearance.

Best wishes and good luck

Richard G. Reish, MD

Two days post op , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only two days after a rhinoplasty and its normal what you are feeling. 
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD