Breast lift 13 days ago; use fucidin ointment on incision twice daily. should I stop in order to speed healing process? (Photo)

i use fucidin ointment on the Incision twice daily should i stop putting it in order to faster the healing process

Help with Healing Process Around the incision

The surgery is intended create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

All surgical procedures carry some degree of risk. Any breast operation can result in changes in sensation. This happens less with lifts than reductions but is still possible. Occasionally, minor complications occur and do not affect the surgical outcome. Major complications associated with this procedure are rare. The suitability of the breast lift procedure and specific risks may be determined during your consultation.

#Hypertrophic or #keloid scars can be a problem.  The worst are usually under the breast with an #AnchorLift or inverted “T”.  These can be treated like all thickened scars with re-excision, laser, kenalog/5-FU injections, creams, silicone strips and other methods to reduce and improve healing.

While you are early in the healing process there is always the potential that there may be a problem with your incision or scars. If you are worried at all it is best that you visit your surgeon for an examination to make sure that healing is going well.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Without knowing what type of ointment you are using it is hard to advise you on what you should do. I would recommend speaking to your surgeon about his preferences. Best Wishes Theodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician