How do you sleep when you are getting a BBL and a Breast Lift?

BBL and breast lift, how do I sleep?

Thank you for your question.   For a BBL, we usually have patients sleep on their stomach.  For a breast lift and implants, we usually have patients sleep on their back.  For a combination of the two operations, it is best to sleep on you sides and go from side to side.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping after BBL and Breast Lift

When a BBL (fat transfer) is done with the rigth technique, you can sleep on your back from the beginning, using the appropriate belt. While with the breast lift, you should always sleep on your back for a period of one to two months. But, if gluteus implants were used with the BBL, then you would need to sleep facing down for 15 days and would not be able to perform the breast lift at the same time.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Sleeping on your sides is ideal.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

BBL and breast lift

I usually have my patients lie on their side when dong both and frequently change position as well...

Sleeping after BBL and Breast Lift

Thank you for your question.  My recommendation would be that you sleep on your sides and not on your back or belly so as to avoid pressure on your buttock and breasts.  Speak with your surgeon about his/her postoperative recommendations.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Sleeping after BBL and breast lift

My BBL patients almost all sleep the first 2-3 nights in a recliner which makes space around their buttock to sleep without pressure.  When they tire of the recliner they sleep in bed rotating from side to side but not on back or stomach. Any breast surgery or even a tummy tuck would not change this routine. Good luck.