Sleeping on stomach after breast lift?

I had a breast lift on July 29th 2016. When can I start sleeping on my stomach again?

Breast lift and sleep position

I usually allow my patients to sleep in whichever position they feel comfortable.  It is best to ask your surgeon his preferences.

Sleeping on stomach after breast lift?

Congratulations on having undergone the the breast lifting procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific advice. In my practice, most patients feel comfortable sleeping on their stomach 3 to 4 months after breast surgery. Best wishes.

Sleeping on stomach after breast surgery

Hello! Thank you for your inquiry. If all your wounds are already closed and you routine follow-up went without problems then you can sleep on your stomach by now! However, you can always discuss with your board certified surgeon about your doubts, I'm sure he/she will help you.

Rafael Gottenger, MD

How to Sleep After Your Breast Lift

Breast Surgery in tummy sleepers is always a little more challenging in the recovery phase! In most cases, sleeping on your stomach six weeks after a Breast Lift procedure should not be a  problem. Your surgeon may have advised you against it for a reason that pertains to you and how you specifically are recovering. For that reason, you should follow the advice of your surgeon.

Sleeping on stomach after breast lift?

Typically the wound has enough collagen remodelling for strength at three weeks to be able to sleep on your stomach. It is always best to follow your doctors advice.

Mahmood Kara, MD

3 months

After breast lift surgery, I advise the patients to take one week off from work. The patients may return to work at that point, but may not engage in any strenuous activity. At one month, the patients start low impact cardio. Up to this point you should be sleeping on your back propped up on pillows.  At three months they can engage in more strenuous physical activity. If anything hurts or causes swelling, we ask them to back off somewhat. You cannot sleep on your breasts for months after surgery.

Basic Post-Op Healing from Breast Lift

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.Now, if you have been able to return to normal activity after the last month and a half or so has passed, you may likely be able to sleep on your stomach again. However, if you feel uncomfortable at all in laying on your stomach then it would be best not to do so yet. You should always contact your surgeon in person if you feel you are having any difficulty or delay in the healing process and make sure that everything is going well. Best of luck!