Can you use fat from another person other than your own?

I don't have a lot of fat and I would like to use my husband's fat transferred to increase the size of my butt. Is that an option?

Can you use fat from another person?

Can someone else be my fat donor ? - only if that person is also your identical twin. If not the process of immunologic rejection would cause all the fat to die, along with a host of other potential complications that would occur.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

No, unfortunately you can not.  Your body would reject it.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

No, you cannot transfers someone else fat to your body including family because the fat will be rejected and can cause complications. If you are on the thinner side you can gain some weight or consider buttock implants. Please consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

It's a good question! Unfortunately, only your own fat will do. Your body would reject your husband's fat and destroy the cells. All of the volume would go away. If you don't have enough fat, you could consider getting 10-15lbs before a BBL surgery. 

Fat transfer

Hello and thank you for the question. I get asked this often. You cannot transfer someone else's fat to you. It's not the same as getting a blood transfusion. For tissue or fat cells, it needs to be an exact DNA match, otherwise your immune system will reject the fat. Often, patients will try to gain a little weight first then have the lipo and bbl done. 

Best to you.

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

It is not possible to inject another person’s fat into your body because it will just reject it. For patients who have little body fat I recommend using buttock implants using the XYZ technique which is intramuscular. This would be the best option for you if you do not have enough body fat to harvest for a Brazilian butt lift. 
Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

The fat will be rejected from another individual unless that individual is an identical twin.  Thinner patients are often very good candidates in experienced hands.