How to get rid of man boobs?

Hi,I have manboobs,I've done many exercises to reduce it but none of them were effective and I'm also afraid of doing any surgery,please suggest me a better way to get rid of my boobs.

Doctor Answers 14

Your options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I know of no FDA approved non surgical/non invasive treatment for gynecomastia. If you are seeking non surgical options for mild gynecomastia, I think that Vanquish which uses RF energy, or UltraShape that uses ultrasound rather than Cool Sculpt would be the best option though all are off FDA usage. Surgery is the best option for the vast majority of patients with gynecomastia.

Afraid of Surgery for Gynecomastia - UltraShape a Non-Surgical Alternative

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
For men who do not want surgery, we have had great success in reducing male chests non-surgically using UltraShape.

We have used UltraShape for patients that are not surgical candidates, are in the process of loosing weight and for the men who does not want to undergo surgery.

UltraShape is unique in that it uses pulsed, focused, non-thermal ultrasound to destroy fat. The treatments can be customized for each patient's needs.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Gynecomastia

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Aashita Ram,

If you have gynecomastia with excess breast tissue, you will need surgery to correct it. No exercise or pill will remove excess breast tissue. Liposuction is used to remove the fatty tissue, but glandular tissue (the tissue that feels firm under the areola), needs to be excised. You should be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery. 

Hope that helps,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Man boobs

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Typically, we treat  most gynecomastia patients with liposuction and other minimally invasive techniques. Best advice is to obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you for an evaluation and to discuss options.

Male Breast Reduction | Gynecomastia Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and male breast reduction.

Typically, surgical procedures to correct "man boobs" fall into 3 categories:

  1. Glandular excision
  2. Liposuction of fatty tissue
  3. Skin excision
Often, it may be a combination of the above procedures.

To be sure what might be right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS
Nashville Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 221 reviews

Gynecomastia can often times be treated by liposuction alone.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 If breast tissue is primarily fatty liposuction alone might be all that is necessary for good result. A physical examination will help sort out this possibility.

How to get rid of male breasts- answered

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Gynecomastia (Enlarged Breasts in Male) is the abnormal development of large mammary glands & excessive fat deposits in males resulting in breast enlargement. The causes of common gynecomastia remain uncertain, although it has generally been attributed to an imbalance of sex hormones or the tissue responsiveness to them; a root cause is rarely determined for individual cases. The male breasts cannot be cured through gym or any other non-surgical treatment, surgery is the only safe and permanent cure. The male breasts correction surgery is performed on an outpatient basis. You can happily go home either on the same day of the surgery or an overnight stay may be required. See a board certified plastic surgeon and consult for best advice.

R. K. Mishra, MCh, DNB
India Plastic Surgeon

How to get rid of man boobs?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.
Gynecomastia refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males.  The diagnosis can be made by physical examination where relatively firm tissue  (breast gland tissue) can be differentiated from relatively soft tissue (adipose tissue).
Breast prominence due to excessive adipose tissue is called pseudo-gynecomastia or lipomastia.  The differentiation of true  gynecomastia  from adipose tissue is important because the surgical treatment may differ. Usually  physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is sufficient to make the diagnosis  and to determine the best course of treatment.
I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposuction surgery alone may suffice.
I would strongly suggest that seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.  Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to gynecomastia surgery concerns) helps.

How to get rid of man boobs?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are two components to gynecomastia. 
1) True gynecomastia in which the actual breast tissue which has enlarged
2) Pseudogynecomastia in which the surrounding fat and tissue that have also enlarged.

Depending on which you have then excision alone or excision with liposuction and in some cases liposuction alone can do the trick. It is best to be seen by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can evaluate your breast and help you understand what you have and how best to treat it.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

How to get rid of man boobs?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It depends on how severe the gynecomastia is.  If there is limited skin excess, then liposuction can be very effective.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.