Gynecomastia re growth?

I recently had gynecomastic surgery done(8 months ago)with excellent results.I have never used steroids,but decided to try a single injection,which lasts for 3 weeks. During this time I injured myself so I could not work out. During my down period I binge drank alcohol and ate badly.2 weeks later I noticed my chest had fat under the nipple. The nipple wasn't puffy, but if I flexed they looked as if they were mini female breasts.Can gyno grow back this quick? Can I reverse this? please HELP ME!

8 Months Following Male Breast Reduction

The #recurrence of breast enlargement is uncommon following #gynecomastia surgery.
However, it can occur. If this happens, you may require further surgery in the future.

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
Therefore, weight gain, steroid use,recreational drug use and have hormonal conditions can contribute to a return of gynecomastia regardless of previous surgical removal and treatments.

Each patient is unique and previous #results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic.

Gynecomastia re growth?

From reading your scenario, and what has happened to you since your Gynecomastia surgery, you are probably dealing with swelling from excess salt intake and your unhealthy lifestyle. Gynecomastia and breast tissue do not regrow in three weeks; nor will it regrow after a single steroid injection. You can feel confident with this information, but a discussion of your situation with the Board Certified plastic surgeon that performed your surgery should give you your answers and put your mind to ease.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Gynecomastia re growth?

Re-growth can occur especially if medications and diets are added that affect the breast tissues. I would check with your plastic surgeon and get re-evaluated to determine what, if anything, needs to be done.
Good Luck

Stephen M. Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Gynecomastia re growth?

Regrowth of the male breast tissue can occur if you do not follow a proper diet and exercise, in addition to certain medications that can cause regrowth.  

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS

Redo for gynecomastia

Gynecomastia tissue can definitely regrow unless the underlying condition that is causing it has been controlled. Speak to your generalist and your surgeon about revision surgery.

Dr. Karamanoukian

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Gynecomastia Surgery Concern

In many cases, the results of gynecomastia surgery can last a lifetime as long as the patient is able to avoid [drastic] weight gain and factors that are known to cause male breast enlargement (steroid injection is one of them).

Hopefully, your breast animation will resolve once you change to a healthier lifestyle.  Nevertheless, you have to realize that minor revisions--such as liposuction and scar revision--are not uncommon after gynecomastia surgery. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Gynecomastia re growth?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after gynecomastia surgery. Without physical examination, it is difficult to know whether you are dealing with breast or adipose tissue. Hopefully, as you return to your healthy lifestyle, you will notice that the breasts will decrease in size again.  If you continue to have problems longer-term, you may need to return to your plastic surgeon for in-person evaluation. Best wishes.

Gyno

Thank you for your question but a full history and physical is neede.  That said if all the gland was not removed then clearly it can grow back when stimulated by steriods

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD