I have Medicaid. I am a male with gynocomastia & need a breast reduction. Is there a doctor in New York?

I have gynocomastia I am a male I need a breast reduction. I need help . I am looking for a doctor in new York who either does probono or or can get my insurance to pay. I have pain in my nipple area and my back and I am having psychological problem because of my breast. please someone help me?
To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Doctor Answers 3

Insurance Coverage for Gynecomastia Surgery

Typically, gynecomastia surgery is not always covered by many insurance or healthcare programs. If it is, it can take some time to acquire approval as criteria can be restrictive. If approved, it's possible to be reimbursed by the insurance company after the surgery. Thus, it may be best to speak to your insurance carrier after you consult with a plastic surgeon. Nevertheless, most plastic surgery offices offer convenient finance plans that allow patients to pay a low monthly payment. 

According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons the average #cost of #gynecomastia surgery can vary widely. #Surgery quotes should include the procedure itself, operating room facilities, anesthesia fees, surgeon’s fees, medical tests, post-surgery garments, prescription medication and other related costs.  Costs will also vary with geographic location. Estimated costs can be found here on RealSelf.com, PlasticSurgery.org or Surgery.org.

It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 106 reviews

I have Medicaid. I am a male with gynocomastia & need a breast reduction. Is there a doctor in New York?

Thank you for the question.
Medicaid may or may not cover the procedure. For multiple reasons,  most plastic surgeons that I know of to not work with Medicaid. I think finding a reputable plastic surgeon who will work with Medicaid will be the challenge you will face.  Otherwise, you will need to save up and work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.
Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,464 reviews

Gynecomastia with medicaid

My suggestion would be the Manhattan Eye and Ear cosmetic surgery clinic.

Surgery fellows do your surgery under the watchful eye of an attending physician

Hope this helps.

Andrew Kornstein, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.