How long do results from Kybella take? (Photo)

I started Kybella April 2016. It took almost 10 weeks to get back to baseline the first session. I started spacing out the sessions by 2.5 to 4 months because I was swollen for months after each round. How long does it usually take to see final results? I am thinking I will need 2 more sessions?

Kybella results

Thank you for your question anon20000. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. I have seen prolonged swelling and induration with patients and recommend spacing treatments every 3 months. A series of 2-4 treatments is recommended, sometimes up to 6 treatments. Results are seen slowly over time and improvement is seen with each treatment. For those who have undergone 4 treatments and desire further enhancement more treatments may be performed.

Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella results

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Kybella results

Results from your Kybella treatment usually take anywhere from 6-10 weeks. I am sorry that you were so swollen after your first round. The good news is that this should improve with each additional round as there is less fat to dissolve. I agree with you that you'll probably need 2 more sessions. 

Kybella results

Kybella effectiveness

I think you should consider something besides Kybella.  Although it can work and I use it often, I think you're beyond the usual threshold for when I would offer Kybella.  Remember, people will usually only offer you what they have to offer.  I think you should consider either lipo, or coolsculpting, for a more effective way to get a good result and not spend all your money.

Kybella effectiveness

Kybella Recovery

I can see great improvement from photos. You will need at least 2 more treatments to see drastic change. Kybella end results take some time to show. Swelling is disturbing, especially if it lasts that long, but there is correlation with increased and prolonged swelling with better results. Go back to your provider to get examined and discuss what are your options and preps that can do to ease the post treatment recovery for you. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Kybella Recovery

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Good result with Belkyra- Kybella.

There first session is the hardest as inflammation is the most. To date, your results looks good, and you are on track. As to the end results, it depends on your aims and expectations. A close examination and pinch test is needed to determine how much more sub mental fat can be reduced. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Good result with Belkyra- Kybella.

Kybella -- Number of Treatments, Neck Reduction and Tightening, Vials

You were under dosed it looks as if you need much more than 2 vials per treatment.  And often need up to 6-10 treatments for the results are you looking for.  Liposuction +/- Neck Lifting and Chin Implant would be the most useful.  Best, Dr. Emer.

You are probably nearing the end of your benefit

Hi Anon: It sounds like you develop quite a bit of inflammation (swelling) after the injections which is usually good as this usually means fat is melting.  8 vials spread over 4 sessions is a pretty good go at it, and I'm not sure you will get much additional benefit at this point.  Any persistent fullness might be loose skin and muscle which might require surgery to fully correct.  If you are going to do it again, I would recommend seeing if your injector will do 3 or 4 vials at one time to see if this achieves any additional benefit, though you will probably still have significant recovery.  Best of luck!  

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Garrett Griffin, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long to see my Kybella results?

Hello anon20000,

Thank you for sharing your question and nice photos. You appear to have had a wonderful result from the previous treatments. To fully assess your "need" for additional treatments best to be evaluated in person to assess how much submental fat remains which can only be done in person. This will give you the information you desire. 

How long to see my Kybella results?

Hello anon20000,

Kybella Results

The results of Kybella are meant to remove submental fat from underneath the chin.  The results are similar to neck liposuction.  However, Kybella does nothing but tighten the skin.  Patients with loose skin will need a second procedure such as Ultherapy Venus or Thermi.  It’s not used to treat large volumes of fat in the neck, just very localized fat deposits.  It usually requires 3-4 treatments of the injection about a month apart.  For patients who are candidates the results have been very good so far.

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

Kybella Results

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon

How long do results from Kybella take?

Hello Anon20000,

Each session of Kybella takes about 6 weeks to see the final result from that treatment.  Your photos do show a nice result.  Prior to any treatment your injector needs to evaluate your neck by feeling it to verify there is still treatable fat.  Your treatments should end when you have either reached a point where you are pleased with the result or there is no longer any treatable fat.   I hope this helps and good luck.  

How long do results from Kybella take?

Hello Anon20000,