6 days PO - did I mess my BA up by pushing off the bed?

I pull myself up by using my core but this morning I lost my balance and didn't think before throwing one arm back and pushing myself up. Will this one time be enough to mess it up? I felt a pain when I did it but it went away quickly.

Did I mess up my BA?

If the pain went away quickly and you don't see any changes then you don't likely have anything to worry about. If you have ongoing concerns, contact your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Did I mess up my BA?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

All the best

Hi and thanks for the question. Pushing, pulling and lifting are best avoided after BBA. However doing this one time is very unlikely to cause any problems. As long as you have no significant swelling, pain or bruising in this breast you should be just fine. Best of Luck - Dr. Hardy...

Using arms after a breast augmentation.

It is unlikely that this one movement will significantly impact the outcome or position of your implants after a breast augmentation. Make sure to discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeons office to see if additional exam or intervention is needed.  

Using arms after a breast augmentation.

Postoperative breast augmentation

A one time mild-to-moderate force to an operated breast is highly unlikely to displace an implant.  The position of the implant is much more due to the technical pocket created at the time of surgery.  So, very unlikely, but voice your concerns to your plastic surgeon. 

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Postoperative breast augmentation

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Pain in breasts with early over-exertion.

Greetings,

Your accidental one time over-exertion probably has not done irreparable harm, if you see no significant swelling or bruising. An examination by your plastic surgeon should be arranged to be certain that all is well and to reassure you about your breast pain. 

Good luck with your healing surgery.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Greetings,

Good luck with your healing surgery.

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Pain after surgery

Thank you for your question. It is unlikely that you harmed anything, other than causing some discomfort. Be sure to let your plastic surgeon know, so they may examine the area at your next appointment. Best, Dr. Kludt

Pain after surgery

6 days post op

Thank you for your question.  The pain you experienced with arm movement is quite common at 6 days post op breast augmentation and unlikely that your movement will have a negative affect on your result.  Best to follow-up with your plastic surgeon should you have any increased pain or swelling.  Good luck.

6 days post op

Did I mess up my breast augmentation by pushing myself off the bed?

It's unlikely that this one-time sudden arm movement has disturbed your healing and end result. The discomfort you had also sounds normal. It’s your body’s way of reminding you that you are still healing and that you should minimize strenuous upper body activity. When concerned, though, it’s always a good idea to keep your surgeon in the loop. Hope this information is reassuring and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." 

Advice on post-operative recovery.

Based on your description, you should be just fine.

The pain was because of the new implants in a tight breast envelope and the fresh incisions.

Nevertheless, please maintain follow-up with your board-certified plastic surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing well without problems. Their instructions and advice should take precedence over everything else you read here.

Hope this helps.

Advice on post-operative recovery.

Hope this helps.

Accidental exertion after surgery

Dear RhinoEm,

Certainly accidental straining after surgery is common. When the pain subsides quickly it will usually mean a substantial problem has been avoided and it is not likely to cause issues in the longer term.

Optimal outcomes from surgery come from 3 steps:

1. Good plan

2. Good technical procedure

3. A good recovery.

The third part is just as vital. Of course that means following advice you receive from your surgeon however minor incidents are frequent and don't usually interfere.

I suggest contacting your surgeons office for reassurance or review.

Best of luck.

Mark Magnusson, FRACS (Plast)
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

Accidental exertion after surgery

Dear RhinoEm,

1. Good plan

2. Good technical procedure

3. A good recovery.

Best of luck.

Mark Magnusson, FRACS (Plast)
Brisbane Plastic Surgeon