Can someone pls tell me what's wrong with my implants? 18 months post-op. (photos)

I have 800cc under muscle silicone implants i got done dec.31.15 they look a mess and really hurt me,I can't pick up my 2 year old son they hurt so much my dr tells me it's my body's fault.and puts the blame on me

Breast issues after augmentation

This is a classic, and severe, double bubble deformity, caused by putting in implants which are too large for your frame, which subsequently pushed past your natural and existing fold.  The only way to remedy this is with a revision surgery by an experienced plastic surgeon Board certified by the American Board of plastic surgery.  Trust no one else with this difficult case.

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Breast issues after augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Implants should fit your breast and chest

Hi missmarch3694.  Thanks for sharing pics.  Your implants are too large in comparison to your native breast skin envelope & tissue.  The crease represents your native inframammary fold-a normal lower boundary to our breasts before the abdomen begins.  You would benefit from a second procedure to place a smaller implant, release the native crease, and close off the lower space below the breasts.  Please seek a second opinion from another ABPS certified PS-take a copy of your operative note, before pics, and implant dimensions/fill to your appointment.  Best wishes,

Double bubble

NOT your bodies fault, YOU and YOUR surgeons fault for thinking 800cc implants in your body frame is a good idea. He blew through your IMF, your old IMF is the crease cutting across the middle of your breast. YOU need a revision, with much smaller implants. FYI, going back to same surgeon=bad idea if he didn't realize that this would happen by doing what he did. 

Double bubble

I agree with Dr. Lyman.

A poor surgeon blames his patient. Virtually none of us would ever dream of putting 800 cc implants in you in the first place.

Seek out an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Review their reviews and before and after galkery. Make sure that you are comfortable with your surgeon as well as the office staff. Your result can be improved dramatically. 

Good luck.

I agree with Dr. Lyman.

Good luck.

It looks like a double bubble deformity.

You appear to have a double bubble deformity where the breast implant sits below the natural breast crease and creates a bulge. Oversized breast implants and/or poor implant placement can cause a double bubble. Your breasts implants may have been too large and too wide for your chest. Revision surgery is the only way to correct a double bubble. Based on his assessment, your first surgeon may not have the training and expertise to fix your breasts. Look for a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast augmentation to perform your revision.

Breast augmentation question

I'm sorry that you're having these issues following your breast augmentation surgery. You have a double bubble deformity caused by persistence  of the inframammary fold that has been lowered in order to accommodate large implants.

Breast augmentation question

Double bubble

It looks like you have a double bubble. Putting 800 cc implants in was too big for your frame.  You would benefit from a revision with smaller implants.

Double bubble

Can someone pls tell me what's wrong with my implants?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. 

It looks like you have "double bubble" and breast implant bottoming appearance after your revisionary surgery. A "double bubble" is a cosmetically undesirable circumstance for patients with breast implants, which occurs when the breast fails to take on the shape of the implant, resulting in the appearance of a visible line showing a separation between the bottom edge of the implant and the bottom edge of the natural breast.   Double bubble "deformities" may be more striking (visible) when breast implants have bottomed out.

There are several options when it comes to revisionary surgery to improve your outcome.  One option is to eliminate the pull of the pectorals major muscle either by completely releasing it or by suturing the muscle back down, thereby placing the breast implants  in the sub glandular position.  Patients who choose to have breast implants placed in the sub  glandular position should have enough breast tissue coverage to allow for this conversion. There are disadvantages of placing breast implants in the sub glandular position (such as increased risk of breast implant encapsulation) which should be considered as you make your decisions.

Another maneuver that may be helpful is raising the inframammary fold using capsulorraphy techniques. Sometimes, depending on factors such as quality of skin along the lower breast poles, additional support provided by acellular dermal matrix or biosynthetic mesh may be very helpful. I have also found the use of acellular dermal matrix very helpful in cases where the skin/tissues are very thin and in cases of recurrent breast implant displacement. The acellular dermal matrix helps improve contour, improves irregularities caused by the underlying breast implant and/or scar tissue, and provides additional support ("sling" effect) for the breast implants.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Double Bubble

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty. It appears that you have a bilateral double bubble. As others have stated, 800 cc is too much volume for your anatomy. Your previous, natural breast crease is intact and pulling across the centre of your implants. You will likely need a revision to repair the pockets, release constriction and place much smaller implants. I recommend that you meet with a qualified, experienced Plastic Surgeon in person for detailed discussion and exam.

All the best

Double Bubble

All the best

Double bubble deformity

You have a double bubble deformity related to your first surgery. Your implants are too large and are sitting lower than your original inframammary crease creating the distorted appearance. You will require revisionary surgery to remedy this.

Double bubble deformity