I had ptosis surgery 9 days ago and I am worried I will need a revision. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had ptosis repair 9 days ago. The stitches were placed underneath the eyelid. A day after surgery I had minimal swelling and then as days went on my eye seemed to look smaller and smaller and now on day 9 I am feeling very depressed that I will need a revision. I know it may be too early but I thought I should see some improvement by now and I just don't. My eye is also feeling very sore and scratchy. I am using sterile lubricating drops often. I see my surgeon tomorrow

9 Days after Ptosis Surgery

Dear Patient from Fort Lauderdale,
The healing process from surgery can be frustrating. Creating a wound requires healing cells to repair that wound and this often results in swelling as well. 
Please give yourself time to heal. 
I hope this was helpful. 

Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Give eyelid time to heal

It is still early in the healing period. Best to wait about 3 months before considering additional ptosis surgery.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

What to expect from ptosis repair

Hello, From your photos, it appears that your operated eyelid still has some swelling which is normal for 9 days after surgery.  It looks like your swelling has been improving steadily since your procedure. Once the swelling has completely resolved, which may take a few weeks, you'll have a better sense of the final result. (Which I predict will be great!) Continue using the lubricating drops and keep in contact with your surgeon. Best of luck.

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon