I would like to know if I suffer from ptosis? (Photo)

One of my eyelids is saggy and droppy and I'm really worried because i might have ptosis. It doesnt run in my family and I wasnt born with it. I started noticing it 3 years ago and since then it has gotten worse because it wasnt this droppy. What should i do ? I'm so worried! And if i suffer from ptosis how much does the surgery cost? Are there any other cures if i cant afford surgery? Thank you!

Doctor Answers 1


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Looking at your photos it does not appear that you have ptosis.  It looks to me more that you have excess skin hanging over your eyelid.  So you would be a candidate for a blepharopalsty and not a ptosis repair.  In my experience it is difficult to make a full recommendation from a photo, so I would suggest a full examination by an oculoplastic surgeon.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.