I have unilateral brow ptosis. Any suggestions?

. I’m 28 years old. Can this be helped by surgery or will the improvement disappear over time. Cheers

Doctor Answers 3

Unilateral brow ptosis

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
It is possible to raise a drooping eye brow, but not lower the other one, sooooo, if you have one lower than the other, a surgical procedure can attempt better symmetry.

Asymmetric eyebrow

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
See an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation. A common cause of eyebrow asymmetry is underlying upper eyelid asymmetry which may be masked. If that is the case, eyelid surgery would be the answer. There are other causes of brow asymmetry.

I suggest you post a photograph so we can see what is going on!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The question is why do you have "unilateral brow ptosis?"  Usually the answer is that there is something going on with one of the eyes that makes the higher eyebrow go up.  If that is the case, the brow ptosis is not brow ptosis but a unilateral eyebrow compensation and the answer would be to fix the eyelid causing the issue.  I hope you can understand why a photograph is so important.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.