Will blisters sustained from pupuric V Beam setting heal without scarring. (photos)

The blisters I sustained are small and appear to be closed. I am currently applying aquaphor ointment and spraying mineral water on the area as opposed to agitating with a regular washing. How fast should the blisters heal and can they scar? The photos are Day 3 since the treatment.

Uncommon

Hi. I have performed hundreds of VBeam cases and published also on laser complications. Blisters are uncommon and generally heal without scarring though you may get some residual pigmentation that takes few months to clear. Lower energy and higher cooling next time will help.

Depending on the condition treated you may not necessarily need to have bruising as en endpoint.

London Dermatologist

Wound care needed.

Blistering is not an expected outcome following V Beam laser, but is a recognised complication, especially if Ethnic skin is being treated. The aim of management is appropriate skin care, wound care, prevention of infection and skin colour changes. I suggest you follow your Specialists wound management to reduce the chances of scarring or pigment changes. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Consult a Dr for Wound Care

Blistering is not a normal reaction for the Vbeam, I suggest seeing a board certified dermatologist for wound care at this point.  Best, Dr. Emer