Frequency of v-beam maintenance treatments?

I've gotten 4 Vbeam treatments from June 2015 to May 2016. The redness has subsided significantly, but I'm worried about it creeping back up in me. What's the longest I can go to maintain the results?

Vbeam frequency

Thank you for your question. There is certainly variability amongst patients receiving pulse-dye laser treatments for red facial skin conditions. We have had patients undergo monthly treatments to maintain their result with great satisfaction, as well as patients that have only require 2-3 treatments every year or two. We are willing to continue treatments so long as there are vascular targets that are superficial enough in the skin to respond. It is important to educate patients that treatments can also be performed without bruising (purpura), and not disrupt their professional and social activities. I would encourage visiting a board certified facial plastic physician with extensive laser experience to help you achieve your goals with improvement and maintenance. 

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Generally, the average patient with redness from Rosacea or chronic sun damage should have VBeam® laser treatments roughly every 6 months to maintain results, although individuals do vary.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Vbeam Maintenance

There are really no hard and fast rules when it comes to the frequency with which this procedure should be done to keep redness at bay; it's really a matter of listening to your skin and tailoring the treatment to your specific needs. In my practice we have some patients who come monthly for Vbeam to maintain their results, but I always discuss this with my patients when customizing their treatment plan so we can determine what fits best with their needs and goals and of course re-evaluate their treatment plan as it progresses. I would advise discussing this with your current doctor, they may even have some additional options for you to help keep your redness under control between sessions.

Dennis Gross, MD